Our new one day Design of Service Operations: Awareness course builds your knowledge and capabilities in the six key elements of service operations. It examines how they are related, and how to start thinking about them in the context of design. This course starts the journey to greater business performance by providing delegates with a clear understanding of the fundamental building blocks of operating models and operating model design, and how they relate to the business strategy and service proposition.
Key course details
- Course length: 1 day
- Course times: 09:00–17:00
- Number of places: Up to 12 delegates
- Cost: £495.00(ex. VAT) per person
Who should attend?
- Senior Executives and Directors who wish to gain an awareness of the approach, and want to be equipped with the knowledge of how to effectively sponsor a business design project. Typically, these will be: COOs, Business and Operations Directors, Customer Service and Operations Leaders, functional directors
- Those who lead change and improvement projects and wish to get a ‘taster’ before undertaking the rest of the foundation course. Typically: managers, senior managers and Heads of, across operations, customer service, and business functions such as HR and finance
What topics are covered?
- Building the business
- The why, what, and how of operating models
- Establishing strategic intent
- Understanding the big picture
- Shaping the project to design and deliver a new operating model
What are the key outcomes?
- Understand the concept of an operating model, and why operating model design is beneficial
- Understand the link between operating model, service proposition, and business strategy
- The ability to define a business strategy and service proposition
- Describe each of the six elements of an operating model
- Understand when an operating model may need to be redesigned
- The roles of effective programme sponsor and leader